Role Management in Accounting.
Accounting and keeping track of money are super important for any business. It can make or break your success. Many software can help with this, but Simplebks is special. It lets you set roles and multiple users to help manage things.
Act 1: The Storm Before the Calm
Have you ever found yourself lost in a labyrinth of spreadsheets, invoices, and financial jargon? That was our life before we stumbled upon the transformative feature of role management in Simplebks. It’s more than a feature; it’s a lifeline, and this is our journey from chaos to clarity.
The Genesis of Chaos: A Business Running Wild
Think of a bustling marketplace, vendors shouting, buyers haggling—a chaotic yet vibrant ecosystem. That was essentially our business, but digitally and financially. Multiple people were involved in the accounting process, leading to a cacophony of numbers and invoices that only made sense to the person who entered them. As a business owner, it felt like navigating through an endless maze.
Act 2: The Guiding Star—Simplebks and Role Management
Amidst the chaos, the star that caught our eye was Simplebks, an accounting software uniquely tailored for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria. But what set it apart was its Role Management feature. Here’s how it works:
Why Role Management Matters in Accounting Software
Lots of accounting software is out there, but Simplebks stands out because it focuses on setting roles and controlling who can do what. Here’s why that’s a big deal:
- Keep Data Safe: Money matters are private. With role management, only certain people can see or change important data.
- Track Changes: It helps to know who did what. This is super helpful for checking things later.
- Work Smarter: When you set roles, everyone knows what they have to do. This helps the team work better.
- Avoid Scams: If you know who did each task, it’s harder for people to cheat the system.
Roles You Can Set in Simplebks
- Business Owner: This is the big boss role. They can see and do everything, like changing business details and managing the team.
- Sales Teller: This role mainly deals with sales. They can make and send bills and handle sales at the counter.
- Business Manager: They can see all records and reports but can be limited to just one branch or area. They can’t change main business details or add team members.
- Inventory Manager: This role checks stock levels and can also add new purchases.
- Finance/Report Staff: They can only look at reports and can’t add new transactions. They handle complex money reports.
- Expense Manager: This role keeps an eye on all spending and handles payments to suppliers.
You can change these roles to fit your needs.
How to Use Roles Well in Simplebks
- Set Up Accounts: Make an account for each team member and give them a role.
- Choose What They Can Do: Simplebks lets you pick what each role can see and do.
- Keep Roles Updated: Your business will change, and roles should too. Keep them updated.
- Train Your Team: Make sure everyone knows how to use Simplebks.
How to Change Roles
- Log in to Simplebks.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Teams.”
- Click “Manage/Edit Roles.”
- Choose the role you want to change.
- Pick what they can or can’t do.
- Click “Submit.”
Add or Change Team Members
- Log in and go to “Settings.”
- Go to “Teams.”
- Click “+Invite Someone” and add their email.
- Pick their role and click “Invite.”
- To change a role, go back to “Teams,” click “Edit Roles,” and change as needed.
Why Pick Simplebks for Managing Roles?
- More Security: It keeps your money data safe.
- Work Faster: Roles help your team know what to do.
- Keep Track: Knowing who does what makes managing easier.
To Wrap It Up
Simplebks is awesome for setting roles and helping your business manage money better. Ready to take charge? Give Simplebks a try today.